My work seeks to bring people of all backgrounds together over authentic, unique, and exciting ideas through thought-provoking design solutions.
BGD (May 2016), Valedictorian,
North Carolina State University, Raleigh, NC, USA
Bachelor of Graphic Design and French Minor
- Fluent in the Adobe Creative Suite
- Well-Versed in Social Media & Email Campaigns
- Proficient in Using CMS Web-Based Hosting Services
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Independent Photographer
- Videography & Animation Experience
- Cartography Experience
- French Speaker: In-person communication, translation, reading & comprehension
- Phi Kappa Phi Honors Society 2016-Present
- Speaker, University Honors Program Completion Ceremony Spring 2016
- Graduate of the NC State University Honors Program 2012-2016
- Raleigh A. Hunter Endowment for Excellence in Design Fall 2013
Organizations & Activities
- Study Abroad - Czech Republic & Europe Spring 2015
- Member, AIGA (American Institute of Graphic Artists) 2015-Present
- Pack Abroad Ambassador 2015-2016
- Clarinet Player and Section Leader in the NCSU Wind Ensemble and Marching Band 2012-2015
Graphic Designer: (July 2016-Present) REVERED Design, Raleigh, NC
Designer, illustrator, and editor for print, digital, web, and brand strategy at REVERED, a brand marketing firm applying design thinking to influence the moments of engagement between people and brands. Creating influence online and offline through branding, positioning and tactical communications, my work at REVERED included designing materials for clients such as Duke University, the North Carolina School of Science and Math, Touchcare Health Systems, the City of Raleigh, and more.
Graphic Designer & Art Director: (June 2015-July 2016)
Institute for Emerging Issues, Raleigh, NC
Working as the head graphic designer at this Raleigh-based think tank, I led the rebrand of the Institute in addition to designing and creating marketing materials, program booklets, wayfinding devices, invitations, infographics, and animations for the organization as a whole and for the annual state-wide Emerging Issues Forum. I also used these materials in organization-based social media accounts for campaigns on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, LinkedIn, and Google+ along with the creation HTML email templates and digital event registration pages.
Graphic Designer: (2014-2015) NC State Campus Enterprises, Raleigh, NC
Production of marketing materials, advertisements, cartography, and branding for NC State University Campus Services (dining, bookstores, housing, golf course), including advertisements, copy, and other content for Facebook, Twitter, and Instagram.
Publication Designer & Editor: (2014) NCSU Tradition Keepers “The Brick,” Raleigh, NC
Main graphic designer & content editor for an interactive book given to each student who attends NC State University, detailing the history, traditions, & customs of the school. In designing the book, I dealt directly with content-editing, copy, layout, typesetting,
Graphic Designer: (2013) Laut Design Inc., Raleigh, NC
Creating advertisements for print and web, branding, signage, and industrial design.
Founder & Freelance Designer: (2012-Present) Ben Markoch Design
I’ve worked for a variety of different clients (nationally and internationally) as a freelance designer including: The Cookie People (branding and signage), UDACUS (branding), Liger (branding and app design), Brown Mountain (interactive learning application), Within Formal Cities (branding and website), The Journal of Reflective Inquiry (publication), the Athens Drive High School Band (programs), and others, on projects related to branding, identity, user-interface and user-experience design, web-design and layout, social media marketing, and marketing campaign set-up.